Tuesday 29 December 2015

What do I know I have always been slim!!

Earlier this year I had a couple of girls come to boot camp who had been the previous week with one of their friends. I asked where their friend was this particular night and they said that she wasn't coming as her slimming club consultant had told her that exercising won't help her lose weight! I was appalled and that evening I put a comment on facebook saying so. I said that I don't know how people can work in such roles.......I worked my arse off at University to get my degree and alot of these people are put in such roles becuase they have lost weight on said diet.

I couldn't quite believe the frenzy that it caused! Now the majority of the comments were all positive, however one or two were negative. Mainly against me saying what would I know when I have never been overweight and I have always been slim!

No there is a reason for this (partly genetics) but mostly because I have always been active and eaten healthily. Yes I enjoy the odd treat like most people, and I sometimes can't be bothered to exercise. I have worked hard for this butt! No I have never been over weight so I can't comment on how that feels. But I don't want to get in a position where I do get oeverwight so that is why I train! I do it because of the end goal.......
1. To look good
2. To be fit & healthy
3. To prolong my life!

Now just because I am a fitness instructor it doesn't mean I love burpee's and broccoli........well I do actually love broccoli, burpee's hell no! However I know that they do me good. Everything I do is a means to an end. If I could look amazing and be healthy and eat scones all day then I would.

Not everyone who trains hard and eats healthy likes doing so, they just know what they have to do to look good. I actually love training so I can't see that I would want to stop. Thats why when people come to train with me I make it as enjoyable as possible, whilst still working hard. 

So next time you think you can't be bothered or want quick results....just remember those that are in shape have decided to stick at it and will need to do so for the rest of their lives!
Exercising in a group is so much more motivating then exercising alone........so come and join us and train with like minded people!

Unfortunatley there is no magic pill.......it takes hard work and dedication!!!

Andrea (I squat alot for this butt) Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment