Tuesday 29 December 2015

It's great to mix things up unless it's your drinks

 Hello Peeps........
Hope you've had a great weekend? Mine has gone so fast and it's suddenly Monday again.
Friday after work I headed straight to a bonfire, I had a rare Saturday morning off so had a really long lie in......I must have needed it! Had a night out with some of the boot camp crew celebrating one of my lovely clients Graduation, then lunch out followed by James Bond at the cinema yesterday.
Now I am not a big drinker, I only really drink when I go out (so I am actually probably the worst type of drinker!) Plus I have done sober for October so I have probably not had a drink in over 6 weeks......until Saturday. Now as I am getting older my tolerance of alcohol is less and I seem to suffer with hangover's for days. So I tend to drink 'Real Ale' when I go out, less chemicals and sugar compared to fruity drinks/cocktails etc. Plus it is the only thing that doesn't make me feel horrendus the day after. So Saturday night I 'started' on the Real Ale then lost my senses started drinking cocktails and mixing my drinks. What this led to was me getting very drunk (although I am a lightweight) and the night been a bit of a blur. I was one of the first ones to go home (which is not like me). It took me ages to get the key in the front door, when I eventually got in the house I had to crawl up the stairs and ended up being sick in my bin! Not at all attractive and I felt like death. Now I know this is happens when I mix my drinks, however at the time you tend to forget the last time you felt crap when you are busy enjoying yourself.
All I will say is that it's 'not big and not clever' 
It is good however to mix your training up. If you constantly do the same thing then your body gets used to it and then doesn't adapt. I recently did a session for a cycling club.......they are great cyclists, however when I did a core session with them they found it hard. Cross training and mixing your sessions up is a great way to get results.
Andrea (lightweight) Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment