Tuesday 29 December 2015

Special Forces - A week of Hell

Hey Guys,

Happy Bank Holiday (although nearly over!)...........great weather we are having, NOT!! Good old British weather never fails! Ah well only 13 days till I go to Marbella to do the boot camp abroad, Sun, Sea & Burpee's Tour 2015!
Anyway last night I watched a program called, Special Forces - A week of Hell with Freddie Flintoff. It followed a group of civillians who were put through their paces by US Navy Seals. I think each week, it will be a different force that trains them including the SAS. I was sat watching it thinking how awesome it looked and how I would love to try something like that......just to see how I would cope physically and mentally in such extreme conditions. They had them getting up in the early hours, beasting them around a drill square whilst making them dip theirselves into freezing cold water and were also being hosed down! They then had to stay awake over night whilst they took them to a beach in Wales where they had ten hours worth of different physical and mental challenges! One was having them do press-ups in the Sea on the instructors count and had they had to leave their faces in till they were told to come up (gave me some ideas for the training sessions in Marbella hahaha!)

Now obviously my boot camps are nowhere near that extreme, think nearest we have come to water is having a water fight last summer with the outdoor crew lol. I thought I would today share with you where the idea/name of my company stemmed from. Now if you've read my previous e-mails, you will know that I have been in relationships with a couple of guys who were in the Army. Now my first one who I was going to marry I saw the negatives of the forces as I was young, naive and it took him away all the time which I didn't like.
My next relationship I was older, wiser (well perhaps not that wise as I went out with another Army guy ha!),  I saw a different side to the Army......a good side. We split up just before my final year in University, when I graduated one of the things I was considering before I decided to start my own business was perhaps looking at a career in the Army myself. I went to the careers office and spoke to them about it,  I even went to do the initial fitness test. I would have gone for it if I had been 10 years younger, at 30 years old I wasn't keen to be sharing a room with 18 year olds! Anyway it struck me at the time that there was no specific training for those wanting to get up to a certain fitness standard to start the process of joining the forces, plus some of the younger ones who went on the initial test day were so unfit! So like many a good idea I thought of Fit 4 Force in the pub one day with my friend. I wanted to create something specific for those wanting to get fit to join the forces, Army, Navy, Police, Fire Service etc......

As it was a quite niche market to aim at, the business has gradually evolved into a fitness boot camp for anyone who wants to improve or maintain their fitness levels. However I am still keeping the Military element with the new Bootcamp Warrior Ranking coming into play in September (tomorrow infact, eeekkkk!).
Now if you have never been to bootcamp before and are considering coming, I would like to add I WONT have you putting your face in cold water whilst doing press ups, and I WONT have you doing a ten hour session with no food. I will however, suppport, motivate and encourage you to be the best you can be.

So as we are now on the countdown to Christmas (X-Factor has started arghhh!) then what better time to make the change to your health & fitness, for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment