Tuesday 29 December 2015

Forget motivation & take action

Hello Guys........
Hope you are having a great week so far?
The other day I watched a video on motivation and the guy in it asked the question what if motivation is bulls**t?
Now after I had watched it I thought alot of what he said made sense. So today I want to discuss it. I will use myself as an example :)
Now the amount of people that say to me how motivated I must be to train like I do and to run my own business. Now a lot of the time I would rather stay in bed than get up to train at 6am, I would rather go for my nails doing than sit and find inspiration for my emails and marketing and I would rather have a hot chocolate and scone as a snack over herbal tea and carrot sticks. However is doing what I feel like doing going to get me what I want? The answer is NO! I want to be fit & healthy and to look good in a bikini. I also want a successful business and to drive a Scirocco. So by doing all the above (what I feel like) is not going to get me what I want.
Now before a feeling comes a thought, which then often triggers an emotion. By doing the things we feel like doing only provides us with temporary comfort. We need to take action on what we want and not on what we feel like doing at the time.
The next time you don't feel like doing something, ask yourself will this get me what I want? If the answer is no then just get started, start by doing ten minute work-out at home, start making small changes in your diet. As soon as you get started you find that the rest falls into place.
The hardest part is getting started, so as soon as you focus on what you want and not what you feel like the everything will become easier. Then soon enough the thing what you want might actually start to be the thing you feel like doing :)
Andrea (not always motivated) Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment