Tuesday 29 December 2015

One Soldier at a time

Hey Guys,

So here I am sat thinking where do I start? I have so much to do and as I am sat thinking about all the things I have to do........you guessed it I'm getting nothing done! So I thought I may as well be productive and speak to you guys about it.
So my day yesterday consisted of
Got up
Showered, ate and dressed
Did my ironing (I know can you bloody believe it, before work WTH!)
Went to work (at School)
Smashed out a leg session in the gym (need to keep my butt in great shape ha!)
Met a friend
Prepared food for today
Shower
Bed
(No boot camps on a Tuesday so evening to myself)
When I got home from the gym I sat down feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff I needed to sort, reply to e-mails, finalise plans for Marbella, plan sessions, sort out the new app, make sure everything is in place for cover instructors next week......blah blah I could go on but I wont bore you with my daily chores. So instead of tackling the long list of to do's I sat down, ate my homemade Spinach & watercress soup (sounds disgusting, looks like snot but tastes mighty fine!) and write to you guys (which by the way was a to do, so one ticked off!)
Sometimes when we have lots to do or lots of things to juggle, everything can seem overwhelming........thats when I thought I need to sit and do one task at a time and only when that is complete do I move onto the next task. You can relate this to everything in life, including diet and exercise.
Ok say you need to lose weight, 2/3 stone........that is a lot to lose and can seem overwhelming, thats why it's best to break it down. Aim for 1/2 a stone at a time and it doesn't seem quite as daunting right? Same with exercise, do you think someone training for a marathon would go out and do 26 miles on their first training run.......no they start off doing a few miles at a time and build from there. When you break things down life gets easier and less stressful.

When Army's go to war, they don't send in all the soldiers at once to attack the enemy, they send one or two in at a time and break down the defences that way.
So remember next time you have a long list of to do's or are struggling in your fitness session or struggling to lose weight.......remember 'One Soldier at a Time!'
Now back to the rest of my to do's!!

Andrea (loads to do and not enough time) Springthorpe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment