Tuesday 29 December 2015

Holiday Antics (edited)

Hey Guys,

Well as promised I thought I would share some of my holiday experiences with you......before I do it made me think about how people see health and fitness. Now how many times do you hear people say 'I'm going on a diet for my holiday'? Hands up I do! It's only natural that you put more effort in when you know you are going to get your kit off! It's not just holiday's though it can be any occassion, Wedding, party, graduation etc. Although those people out there that are coupled up isn't it something you do everyday infront of your partner........get your kit off? So surely that is an excuse to stay in great shape all the time!?
Anyhow we'll come back to that in a moment.......
My holiday..........well first off I had the best holiday buddy I could ask for. My friend is similar to me, like's to have a laugh on an evening and totally chill during the day. Thank you to my holiday buddy for inviting me to your apartment :)
I knew it was going to be a laugh when at the airport my friend 'lost' her watch after going through security. We had them searching through all the boxes and then the guy in charge was about to start trawling through CCTV when it appeared in her ipad case! Comedy start to the holiday. I think from there on we didn't stop having a laugh. We met some great people....... ladies if you want a cheap night then just set yourself up on a bar stool at the bar and you will get loads of people talking to you (mainly guys) and lots of drinks bought ;) Although that may have just happened as we were staying on a 5 star golf resort........might not work in places such as Mega-rough (aka Magaluf!)
We met guys from Essex, Scotland and of course Spain! I had the usual press-up off one night with some guys from a Spanish rugby team.......and I am pleased to say I managed to keep up with them even after a few vino's! 

We smashed out some Meatloaf on the karaoke.........the most positive thing the DJ could say afterwards was 'Well that was 8 minutes of loveliness! Think that might have been more from the dancing with shorts on and not our vocal abilities! Anyway all in all it was a great time and I was sad to come home........especially as my friend was staying out there as her husband was joining her a couple of days after I left.
It is always nice to get home to your own bed and to have a shower and get dried without sweating to death.......but that isn't a big enough reason to want to come home!
Anyway back to business...........so since I have come home my belly has expanded, I am starting to peel and the tan is fading booooo!!! So I am back on it! To be honest you should be 'on it' all the time and only let yourself slide when you are on holiday or have a special occasion. We ate quite healthy on holiday, for me it is drinking everynight that has an effect on the waistline. I drink only when I go out at home so it was completley away from the norm for me. I did run a couple of times whilst I was out there, OMG was it hot!! It felt like someone was squeezing my lungs when I set off.
On the flip side how many of you use an impending holiday or an occassion not to exercise and eat healthy? You hear it all the time, I go on holiday next week so no point trying to be healthy now....... a week of eating healthy and training hard can make a difference.......so ditch the excuses!
Anyway time for me to sign off as I am typing this up 'al fresco' and a black cloud is looming!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment