Tuesday 29 December 2015

Knowing who to listen to!

Hey Guys,

Hope you've all had a good weekend? I had a nice chilled one........had a 'sleepover' at my friends on Saturday night, was so nice to sit in our fluffy dressing gowns and watch a chick flick whilst eating a Pink Magnum (cheat night!)

Saturday morning I was talking to 'dubious epsiode number 4' (all work related, don't worry I haven't gone soft!) and he mentioned something about my wealth e-mail that I sent on Friday. I think there was a dig in there about how 'interesting' it was!
Anyway that then started a discussion about the e-mails I send. He was basically saying that I send too many and that some of his clients (who are on my mailing list) send them to the spam folder!?

Now as the conversation unfolded about how many people he had discussed it with, I thought great......it is working! My e-mails are starting conversations and many a time he has quoted me on something I have wrote about so he is obviously reading them! (Probably to see what I am writing about him haha!)

Now for those of you who weren't on my mailing list when I changed the style of my e-mails I will do a small recap.......dubious episode's were men in my life who treated me pretty shit or who started out nice and turned out to be dishonest. So the guy we are talking about today was number 4 out of my shit taste in men history.

The style of my e-mails changed after signing up to a Marketing mentor who sold his bootcamp business and moved to Marbella, so I know he was doing something better than me. No matter what knowledge or experience you have there is always someone who has more and it is a great way to learn.
Anyway back to Saturday as the conversation progressed I just stood and thought to myself am I going to listen and take advice from someone who
  • Lied to me
  • Used me when he felt like it (yes I know I'm an idiot for letting it happen)
  • On numerous occassions has told me how he hates me
  • And is working for someone else!
Or listen to the expert that was so successful he now lives in Marbella working a few hours a week!
Errrr no brainer! I might be a dumb arse when it comes to guys, however when it comes to business I listen to the experts.

On average it takes people 19 times to hear about you/from you before they decide to buy. So one e-mail a week would take 19 weeks before someone decides to even contact me. Times those e-mails by three and the time for contact reduces to approximately 6 weeks (which is still a long time!)

After work on Saturday I had to go pick up copies of the charity calendar I was in and needed a AA route planner printing. Dubious epsiode said that I would be able to use my phone and that printing a route plan out was what old people do!!! In a moments leave of my senses I decided to go with technology and save paper, only to find that as soon as I set off my signal disappeared! Now I must have homing pigeon senses when it comes to finding Fire Stations as I managed to get there!!! That situation just reiterated that I should do what I set out to do and not get swayed by other people! 

So when it comes to exercise and diet how many times are you swayed? 
By that cake in the office
By going out instead of training
By staying under the duvet instead of going to the gym.
Life is about choices.........
Choose to be fit & healthy or choose to remain the same!
Choose to listen to the experts or some 'Chancer Charlie'
No need to wait till the 19th time to contact me. Do it today and make those changes in your life now.
I did.......so why can't you?!
  
Can't wait to find out what conversation this email will start ;)
Andrea (love being talked about) Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment