Tuesday 29 December 2015

Sometimes you just need a kick up the arse!

Hello Guys,
Hope you had a good weekend? 
Yesterday was a real wake up call for me for two reasons...........first of all I did my weekly weight and measurements which I do once a week. I can't believe that for the first time ever my weight is 10 stone!! Now in all honesty I don't let my weight worry me too much as I know I have built muscle and that weighs more than fat, hence the weight increase. However my measurements have gone up, mainly round my waist and I have lost my abs booo!!
I also did the Leeds Abbey Dash which is a 10k flat race, I got my PB there a couple of years ago which was 44mins & 55 secs. Yesterday I did it in a shocking 5 minutes slower in a time of 50 minutes & 43 seconds. I felt heavy and sluggish on the way round (and I even stopped to go to the loo, which is also a first for me!)
Now since I got back from Marbella my focus on eating healthy has gone out of the window. I am still training hard, however I am not fuelling my body properly as the frequency of my 'treats' has gradually been increasing. I have started 'emotionally' eating. When I was in Marbella I had some bad news, as I found out that my mum has secondary breast cancer. It was a complete bombshell and for the first couple of weeks after finding out I lived in a complete daze. However I have noticed since that anytime I have felt upset or abit down I have been having comfort food, which in my case is in the form of sugar. This has now caught up with me and it is covering my abs in the form of a fat belly!
Now I constantly say to clients that you can't train your way out of a bad diet and to get real results you need to apply the 80/20 rule......80% diet, 20% exercise.
In a way I am glad that it took more of the tape measure to go round my waist and that I had a rubbish run as it gave me the massive kick up the arse I needed. Now I know that eating shit makes me feel shit and it just adds to the bad emotions I have when I reach for comfort food. It becomes a vicious circle! 
I have started the LifeForce Transformation plan today to get me in shape for Christmas.......now I have been putting it off as I things coming up on a weekend over the next few weeks. However I know about these events so as long as I stick to the plan for the rest of the time I will get some great results, then come January I will be doing it 100%!
So don't let it get to a point where you are unhappy before you do something about it.........and remember it is never too late to take action, one small step is a step closer to your result!
Andrea (where are my abs) Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment