Tuesday 1 March 2016

Alcohol..........often makes you do things you normally wouldn't!

Hey Guys,
Hope you are having a good week so far?
Today I want to talk about alcohol and how it often makes you do things you normally wouldn't! Now on Saturday I had my first drinking session since New Years Eve!!! Now me and my friend had planned an afternoon of cocktails for ages and I was looking forward to it after having a dry January and most of February. Now in all honesty I have not missed alcohol at all............ I have still had nights out and stayed sober and woken up hangover free.
So Saturday morning I tidied up, did my batch cooking as I thought I wouldn't be able to move from the sofa on Sunday. Anyway I had a great time on Saturday, probably drank my daily calorie allowance in cocktails and woke up Sunday feeling fine!! Now one tip I will say to anyone when going out drinking.........if you have a chaser with each drink then you can avoid the hangovers! The chaser has to be water of course. I had a drink of water with every other cocktail and still managed to function on Sunday.
Now we have all no doubt been in a situation where we have had a few too many and done things under the influence which we normally wouldn't do whilst sober. I know I have (now there are probably loads of things but thats for another day!) Today I want to say how this weeks drinking session made me do things I wouldn't normally do..........all of which were positive!
Well first of all I normally go for a run on a Sunday morning, something which I hadn't planned on doing as I thought I would feel rough. I normally do some admin work on a Sunday, again the laptop was tidied away as I didn't think I would be up to it. So Sunday morning came, I woke up feeling fine, however instead of forcing myself for a run, I forced myself to have a day of rest and chill out........no exercise and no work!
Now I am normally the one encouraging people to exercise, which I still will do. However for those of you who do exercise on a regular basis one session you need to plan into your schedule is a rest day. So many people forget to do this (me included) and end up burning out, getting injured and feeling shattered. Rest days are vital for success, they give your body and mind the chance to recover so you work harder on your training days.
I am one person who finds it hard to chill out and relax, if I am at home I am on the laptop doing work, or running round doing my own training before going to train others. This is great and I love it however, living life at 100 miles per hour sometimes catches up with you!
So take at least one day a week to rest from exercise and switch your mind off from work. I felt great for it and it will be something that will be in my weekly schedule.
For the days you train and are not sure what to do then let me help! Let me take away the stress of training and healthy eating!
Andrea (taking time out) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment