Thursday 10 March 2016

So much information it's hard to know what to believe!

Hi Guys,
Hope you have all had a good week?
Now at the beginning of the year I told you my two main fitness goals..........to do 10 x STRICT pull-ups and get a six pack – two goals which seem to be bloody hard to achieve! However I have set them and I will stick at it till I achieve them!
Ok so I have always had a flat stomach but I never seem to be able to get the full six pack. I know the reason why and that is down to my body fat percentage. In order to get the six pack you have to reduce your body fat percentage. I'm sure some of you have heard of the saying abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym?
Anyway after Christmas I did the LifeForce Transformation plan and lost pounds, inches and body fat. Then I carried on with the principals allowing one cheat meal a week.
Now anyone who knows me I am quite impatient so I looked to see what I could do to speed the fat loss process up. Now I work in the fitness industry and there is so much conflicting information out there it is sometimes hard for me to know what is best, let alone for anyone who has no experience.
Low fat, no fat, high fat – low carbs, no carbs, carb cycling – don't eat late, eat late so much conflicting information out there it is hard to know what to believe.
Anyway at the beginning of February I downloaded a 4 week abs program to do in the gym which also had a diet plan which you were supposed to follow for the 4 weeks. My god I think I lasted 9 days before I demolished a bar of dark chocolate!! It was boring, had no variety and I felt hungry and tired all the time. It was basically chicken or fish with veg or salad for each meal!! Now the first few days my stomach went down (probably because I was starving) however then I started to look bloated (worse than when I first started!) So I came off that f**cking boring diet of fish and chicken and went back onto the LifeForce Plan.
I have been reading a book recently about how to get leaner and the best advice to lose weight is to stop dieting! Eat a sensible healthy VARIED diet which includes all macronutrients (Carbs, Protein & Fat), plenty of veg, some fruit and avoid processed food and sugar. And do high intensity interval training to help speed up fat loss.
Now I have been eating 'better' again I have more energy, feel better and my performance in training has gone back to what it should be. If you are struggling to get results, then you might not be eating enough. If you consistently restrict your calories your body starts to go into starvation mode and holds onto fat. Then what do you do? Cut your calories or train more? Which then puts your body under stress & makes your body 'cling onto fat' as you are not getting enough calories.
If you want to learn more on how to follow a healthy balanced diet (which also includes chocolate) then click the link below. Or sign up to our online SWAT weight loss support group, where you can have your questions answered at the touch of a button. With ONE MONTHS FREE TRIAL what have you got to lose?
If you want to train to maximise fat loss then come to boot camp.............. HIIT (high intensity interval training) = higher fat loss.
Andrea (on my six pack journey) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment