Sunday 20 March 2016

Escape from Reality

Hi Guys,
Hope you've had a good weekend?
This weekend a group of us went to Gearstones where we each took part in different activities, some cycled, ran, walked and a group of us did the Three Peaks. A first for me which I really enjoyed........
Whilst we were there we didn't have any phone signal, we had wi-fi in the hostel but that was it. I actually really liked the fact that I didn't have a signal as it makes you appreciate what is happening around you and people's company more rather than 'checking in' all the time. 
Now I will be honest I didn't do any specific training for the three peaks, I left my packing whilst the last minute and borrowed my mum's walking boots. However I am glad to say that the boots didn't rub and I packed everything I needed even though it was very last minute. It made me realise though that even though I am not used to walking up hills and hard terrain, my fitness level was there to keep me going for 11 hours! I did sleep like a log on Saturday night though :)
Now I am not recommending that you go do three peaks without any training, however, if you are consistent with your training and keep your fitness levels up you are in a position to keep going in such challenges.
I had a great weekend with a great group of people, I learnt that it is good to 'switch' off and stay away from technology and take in each moment &. enjoy your surroundings instead of trying to capture it on your phone! I also learnt that everyone has strength and weaknesses, I am such a pussy when it comes to walking down steep climbs, I can jump out of a plane, but shit myself when climbing down steep rocks!
So if you want to keep your fitness levels consistently high then come to bootcamp.........you will also have an hour escaping from reality as there is no time to check your phone!
Have a great week :)
Andrea (lucky to not have any blisters) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment