Thursday 24 March 2016

Sometimes you just have to break free..............

Hi Guys,
Hope you have had a good week and are ready for the Easter holidays? I think we have some typical British bank holiday weather forecast boooo!
Ok so for the past few weeks I have had a bit of a dilemma.......I have had a PT client for a few months now and over the last couple of months they seem to have lost interest and cant be bothered in the sessions. It had got to the point where I found the sessions draining as no matter what I did they weren't getting the most out of them. They even questioned what I was doing with them when it was something that they didn't like (or found too hard). Now getting fit isn't easier and just because you hire a trainer or go to a session doesn't mean that you will get results........you have to put the effort in, both at the session and out of the session!
fitness marriage
Now I could have carried this relationship on taking their money each week, with both of us losing interest and the client not getting any benefit from the session. Now a lot of trainers would have done that, however I actually care about what the client gets from the sessions and my own enjoyment from training someone. It had got to the point where I didn't enjoy training them, which was a first for me as I love doing what I do. So I decided to say that we should have some time off and for them to decide if it is what they really wanted to carry on doing. They replied and said that they had not been feeling well and that they were going to the doctors then would see how they felt.
Now a client/trainer relationship is just like any relationship/marriage........you both have to want to be there, have the same goals, work at things when they get hard and if it really isn't working then walk away. Bloody hell that's a first for me, talking about exercise and relating it to a relationship instead of the other way round which I normally do lol!
As a trainer I care about all my clients, whether it is my one to one clients or my group based sessions I want them to have the best experience and get the most from their sessions. When you have over 60 clients who at some point want your attention you can get a little bit tired lol. As an instructor you often become someone to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, someone to call names when you find a session hard lol and often become a friend. 
I have often seen trainers who look bored when doing one to one sessions, cant be arsed or are even on their phone when teaching group sessions!! (totally unprofessional I know).
So if you want to come and train with instructors who motivate you, want you to get the most out of your sessions and actually care then click one of the links below.
I often say that fitness is like a marriage, you have to make the commitment to make it work. Now we at Fit 4 Force are certainly committed -  we can offer the support and motivation, we just need you to make the first step to change and that is to come along to a session. Now we wouldn't expect people to get married on the first date, so we wouldn't expect you to commit on the first session, so if you have never been before why not contact us for your FREE taster session.
Have a great Easter :)
Andrea (committed to fitness) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment