Sunday 3 January 2016

When you kinda wanna just do it.........

Boom Back to work Monday!!
I bet everyone jumped out of bed this morning raring to go..........or not!
I can't belive where this holiday has gone, I had so much I was going to do and probably only got a 1/4 of it done arggghh!
Anyway in my last email I spoke about goals and how embarking on a New Year makes the majority of people set goals and then come February they have gone by the way side. Like I mentioned before to stick at something you really have to want it as it will become something that gets put on the back burner or swept under the carpet if not!
Now a few months ago I set myself a challenge of being able to do 10 'strict' overhand pull-ups. I have been stuck at 4 for months/years and I always had a dream to smash out ten. I have had this dream for so long when I first set my challenge I said if I got ten then I would apply for Gladiators (when it came out the second time and not the original - I'm not that old lol!) Now it is that long ago that even the second time round Gladiators is no more ha!
Now I read up about how to improve on pull-ups as it is something I really want to be able to achieve, not sure why but a goal I have always had. I took the advice I read on board and within a matter of weeks I had progressed from 4 to 8!! So 10 in my head was achievable by Christmas, unfortunately Christmas came and I didn't do it........my best effort was 9.5!! Now someone said if I wanted it bad enough then I would have got my chin over the bar! I actually wanted to punch them as this is something I REALLY want to do and my body just couldn't achieve it,........no amount of leg pumping was getting my chin over the bar! So my next target date was by the end of the year, now excess food and drink and the extra 1/2 stone I am carrying put that goal back too!
Now I could quite easily take my bat and ball home, get disheartened and give up.......however because this is something I really want (and the fact I am a stubborn bitch!) I will carry on trying till I get there! Yes my date might be delayed but I will get there and yes you guy's will be the first to know when I do lol! I want it so much I am trying to get my Dad to make me a pull-up bar in my flat!
Now all this got me thinking about why so many people don't achieve their goals.........I guess there are two types, those who try their damned hardest and for some reason they don't achieve it in the time scale they set.........but it's not from lack of trying (like my pull-ups). Or there are those that kinda want results.......but not really! If you were truly passionate about your goal then you would do everything in your power to do it!
nike kinda swoosh
Or it might be the fact that they are taking on someone else's goals or think that they should be doing something. Take diet and exercise..........I bet there are many people are out there that say they should eat healthy and exercise..........now the word SHOULD says that they don't actually want to!
The difference between someone saying they should do something and those who say they want to achieve XYZ is the results they produce. Those who should probably start exercising in January, stop by February and by the second week in January they are reaching for the cream cakes!
Now if you are overweight or don't exercise but are happy with what stares back at you in the mirror then high five! I have respect that there are people out there who are honest enough to say that they enjoy food and watching films too much. Everyone's goal is personal and different!
My goal is to be fit, healthy, live a long happy life, look amazing in a bikini and to stay looking as young as possible for as long as possible!!
If you have similar goals then make 2016 the year that you achieve them!
A goal is just a dream with an end date.............and in the words of 'Gabrielle' 'Dreams can come true!
Have a great day and see going back to work as a positive thing........I know I am looking forward to the structure and back to the healthy eating. Today is day one of the LifeForce Transformation plan, which I am sharing the experience with a group of motivated, full Nike swoosh people!
Andrea (mission abs) Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment