Thursday 28 January 2016

Don't be so hard on yourself

Hey Troops,
Don't be so hard on yourself, no
Learn to forgive, learn to let go
Everyone trips, everyone falls
So don't be so hard on yourself, no
The other morning I was driving to work and Jess Glynn 'Don't be so hard on yourself' was on the radio. I listened to the words and it got me thinking about how often we beat ourselves up when we eat something we shouldn't, miss a work-out or don't do something that we planned on doing.
Now we are nearing the end of January (where has this month gone!? arggghh) We have got over the excess of Christmas, nights out start to happen again and this is the time when we are in danger of quitting at fitness, or breaking our new year goals.
How many times are you focused with your health and fitness, then you have a bad day........you eat some chocolate, you miss your work-out or you plan on getting something done and instead you lay on the couch all day. I have just finished the LifeForce Transformation plan and have been so focused on my diet and fitness since the beginning of January. However the other day I bought some dark chocolate, with the plan of having two squares and the rest to go in the freezer. Now sometimes things don't go according to plan and I demolished the whole bar :(
Now I felt totally sick and thought why the hell did I do that! That isn't going to get me the body I want. Now I could get pissed off about it and feel annoyed. Or I could look at it another way, I could accept that I had a bad day and made the wrong decision, put it to bed and start afresh the next day.
owe it to yourself
It is what you decide to do when after you made a bad choice that defines your success. If you miss a work-out and continue to miss a work-out then you are not going to get the results you want. However if you miss a work-out and get back onto it the following day, just accept that sometimes you need a rest or that you didn't have time that particular day. Same with your eating, you might eat crap one day........just make sure that your next meal is healthy and that you start afresh the next day.
We need to accept that we aren't going to be healthy 100% of the time, we will miss work-outs, we will have a binge and we will sometimes slob on the sofa and not get things done. We are human! So don't beat yourself up, get back on it the next day. Just don't let one day of messing up turn into two days, weeks or even months.
The only thing that brings you success is you! We can get help, advice, train with like minded people, however if you aren't committed to something then you won't get results!
success
Stay focused, if you have a bad day start afresh and keep your eye on the end goal!
Andrea (I binged and got over it) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment