Tuesday 26 January 2016

Focus on how far you have come.............not how far you have to go!

Hey Guys,
Hope you are all having a good week so far? I have finally got over my stuffed feeling after my 'cheat meal' on Sunday.......thank god!
Yesterday I had a meeting with my business coach. Each time I see him I come away focused with lots of tasks to complete, then I get home, life gets busy and I don't always complete all the tasks before our next meeting. I sometimes sit in our meetings and cringe, because I find myself saying 'I don't have time to do XYZ'............LACK OF TIME, THE NUMBER ONE EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT EXERCISING!!! And here I am saying it to my coach arghhhh! Like we discussed in the meeting and something I often say to people, it is all about priorities. For me exercising is a priority and it comes as second nature.........for instance I knew that I had a full on day with wok yesterday and I wouldn't get chance to go to the gym, so instead I got up, braved the elements and did a hill sprint session at 6.45am! Exercise is something I have always done, so it feels normal for me to do it and weird if I miss it!
Yesterday I came away with all these ideas in my head and a list of tasks that I needed to complete, feeling quite overwhelmed as to when I would be able to get them all done. At the end of last year I set myself a business goal for the end of June. It seems a mamouth task and I explained this to my coach. Now one comment from him made me see things from a different persepective. He just said to me 'look how far you have come!' And he is right! I am always looking ahead and focusing on what I need to do to hit my goal. Yet in retrospect I have come so far and achieved so much.
how far come
It is exactly the same with health and fitnesss, you might get fed up and lose sight of your end goal as it seems so far away. Yet have you ever looked back and thought how you were 6 months, a year ago? What did you look like back then, how did you feel, what was your fitness like? If you do this you will realise what you have achieved. Nothing can be achieved in one giant step, it takes time and baby steps. Yes you might have a way to go, however if you stop and look back you will realise how far you have come.
Health and fitness is a lifestyle not a quick fix, so see it as a journey and each time you have hit a goal that is a stop on your journey.........that's the time to refuel and go to the next stop!
If something is a challenge or scary, then it is something that is normally worth doing. We can all take the easy option and stick to what we know, however this doesn't normally change us!
Remember keep going, no-one said it would be easy........it will be worth it though!
Andrea (I have come so far) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment