Tuesday 5 January 2016

From Heartbroken to heartbreaker

Hello Troops,
Well back into the swing of things now..........Monday I did a brutal leg session in the gym and thought I was actually going to be sick! My hardcore bootcampers looked like I did after the first session back on Monday! Christmas has destroyed everyone!!
Ok so its a New Year and I thought I would give you an update on my love life as I have been quiet on that front for a while. The reason for this is because it has been going well and going well doesn't make great reading!
Anyway since I drew a line under dubious episode number 4 and no longer have anything to do with him on a personal level, my life has got so much better. Since the summer it has been an influx of men asking me out and paying me attention and do you know what I have loved it! I actually said to my friend the other day that I have hung around with knob heads that long that I have turned into the one who is keeping them at arms length in case I get a better offer ;)
I also realised that I attract broken men.........
First love - Well looking back he was just a broken young man!
Second love - I met him not long after he had split from his girlfriend who had cheated on him. He was insecure, jealous and controlling. In the end he did to me what he worried about me doing and cheated on me..........b****rd!
Mr Marines (never loved him - but will use him as an example!) - He had also split from his girlfriend who had cheated and was against women and only wanted to get in the Marines.
Third love - Met him when he split from his girlfriend when he was in a stage of his life where he needed as much attention from as many women as possible to make him feel better about himself! (to be honest I think he will always be like that). Difference is he comes across as confident and funny and I think that is masking his insecurities.
Back end of last year I went on a few dates with Mr Fireman, he is happy in himself, confident and totally focused on his career.......which makes him attractive but not available in his eyes for a relationship! One thing I did learn from all my past mistakes is to not hang around for someone who is not willing to give you what you want! It seems to work being harsh with as he still texts me now!
Then there was Mr gym guy! Fancied him from afar for a while, we got chatting, messaging and then started briefly seeing each other. He did everything that I moaned about other guys not doing........he text everyday, I woke up to a texts, he arranged to do stuff, talked openly and treat me like a Princess..........so what was wrong with me!? I just didn't feel the Spark (whatever the spark is!) Now he had said he had been hurt in the past and was holding back so I wouldn't hurt him. Anyway because we got on great and I fancied him I thought I would see how it went. We spent time together over Christmas, he met my friends (who thought he was great) and Pappa S even bought him a pint. Anyway it all came to a head at the weekend when I spoke about it and he then just said he couldn't do it any longer & was holding back as he didn't want to get hurt. Now we are still friends as he is an amazing guy. For me though I didn't want someone else who needed fixing as it only causes problems down the line!
What it did make me realise is that I have fixed myself, I am ready for someone who is as strong as me and most importantly I have options........if you feel you don't have options then you are more likely to put up with shit! Now I never thought I would be questioning wether I wanted to be with such an amazing guy because I want the full package, marriage, kids etc........however sometimes you have to go with your gut! Now who knows things might change between us or Mr Fireman or more likely I will attract someone new. Its amazing how being positive brings positive people into your life. Gym guy might not have been Mr Right, however he restored my faith in men that there are some nice decent ones out there. He was so nice that I felt like the 'bloke' in the relationship lol.
Now you know I always like to relate my life back to diet and exercise and there are close comparisons...........like I have said in my last couple of posts, if you want something bad enough you will get results. Or you might be like my broken army of men, you think you want something to change but when it comes down to it you are not quite ready to take the steps to do so.
It can be scary coming along to a new fitness session, it is hard work to follow a new eating plan........thats when we revert to what we know and what is easy. It would be easy for me to carry on with Mr Fireman knowing that I will never get the results I want. Just like eating those chocolates and treats will never get us the body we want. Diet and exercise are like relationships.........you have to want to do it, it takes dedication, patience and committment. You would never get married after one date so why would you expect to get your perfect body after one fitness session!?
If you are willing to take a chance, make a change and look after the most important person of all........YOU! Then there is always the right partner, fitness session and healthy eating plan out there.........it is a case of finding your perfect match! You just have to be willing to try something new..........as you never know it might turn out to be the best thing ever!!
Also I have had couples meet at bootcamp, one couple is now married expecting their first child!
Experience life and stay fit and healthy long enough to enjoy it!
Andrea (emotinally strong) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment