Wednesday 17 February 2016

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Hey Guys,
The other day I came across a picture and it got me thinking.............
The picture said on it 'Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
Now I thought that this was so true, how many people do you know that are 'victims' of circumstance or blame what has happened to them for lack of success or lack of them taking action. This is so true with health and fitness.
How many people can't exercise because they have been injured or have something wrong with them. How many people can't lose weight because they don't have time to cook healthy meals. How many people are overweight because they have had a baby (who is now 15 years old lol!)
Whatever the reason or circumstance it is what we decide to do about it that counts.
Now if you don't already know this about me, I was born with a hole in the heart, I had open heart surgery at nine years old and to this day I still have two leaking valves. Now that is 10% circumstance that life threw that shit at me. Now what I decided to do with the other 90% is what has taken me down the path I am on today.
Now I am lucky that I didn't have soppy parents, they made me go to school unless I was puking up, they made me get on with things and that has made me more robust. I grew up watching my mum and dad do running & going to the gym so that was my first road into fitness. When I entered my first marathon it not once crossed my mind that I shouldn't do it because I had a heart condition............my only thought was to get round without having to walk!!
My first marathon was in 2004 so nearly 12 years ago (god I feel old now lol!) so 6 marathons later, I train regularly in the gym, box and do bootcamp so I got on with life and didn't care about the 10% bad circumstance that life dished out.
So if you are sick of being a 'victim' do something about it. If you want something bad enough you will work hard to get it.
My next goal is to get a six pack........most of you will have heard the saying abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym, so when my craving for a hot chocolate kicks in I push the 10% to the side and concentrate on the 90% reaction...... that I actually dont need it!
If you want help achieving your 90% then click one of the links below..........just by clicking a link you are 50% on your way to changing! 
Andrea (90% reacting) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment