Tuesday 23 February 2016

Ditch the scales and start with the selfies ;)

Hello Peeps,
Now hands up if you are obsessed with your weight?
Now you cant see me but my hand was up! Yes even as a fitness instructor I get obsessed with the number on the scales. The thing is, it has been drilled into us by society that we must weigh ourselves to monitor progress. Now I do admit to weighing myself, however I also do my measurements as this is a true indicator on how we are doing. If we train and build muscle then the scales may tell us we haven't lost any weight (or even put it on!). However by doing measurements we can see the inches we lose..........losing inches is what makes us look better and what people actually notice!!
So my goals for 2016 are to be able to do 10 x strict pull-ups and get a six pack. Now no matter what I have done over the years my abs never show. Now I know that I need to drop my body fat% in order for them to pop out........so I am on it.
My role model is Andreia Brazier (fitness model) so I have been doing some of her ab work-outs. I took before pictures and did my mid way picture last week. Now I am not one for selfies (mainly because I look a dog when I do them lol), however this is one type of selfie I recommend everyone does. I took my mid way photo feeling a bit jaded as I didn't think I looked any different.......plus I was 3lb heavier than in my before picture!
Anyway I then put them side by side and could see a difference! I was more toned and my mid section had shrunk!
1.2.16 - 19.2.16
                                         1.2.16 - 19.2.16 - side






Excuse the underwear!!
Now if I had gone by weight alone I would be getting fed up that I wasn't getting any results!
I was speaking to some of my clients about it this week as some of them admit that they get obsessed with weighing themselves. I asked them the question that everyone should ask themselves.........'If you had YOUR dream body, would you give a shit how much you weighed?' Now I can bet that most people would answer the same way as my clients........NO!
So start with the selfies (no bloody trout pouts as you are doing them though!) 
Forget the numbers and concentrate on the figures ;) 
Andrea (mission abs) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment