Sunday 7 February 2016

Food hangover

Hello Troops,
Hope you have all had a good weekend? I have had a busy one, out Friday night, I was driving so after only 5 hours sleep I still managed to get up for work Saturday morning fine as I didn't have the usual crap feeling you get after drinking too much alcohol. Saturday afternoon I had a lovely facial thanks to my friend buying me a voucher and then I was out Saturday night for my baby cousins 30th Birthday!
She is currently pregnant with her first baby so we went out for a meal.
Now after I did my full 21 days on the LifeForce plan I have been sticking to the plan and allowing myself one 'cheat meal' a week. So Saturday was cheat night. We went to a lovely Italian restaurant so I had some pancake thing to start, followed by Pizza (as I never have them at home!), plus Tiramasu and then birthday cake!! Yes I did eat it all and yes it was one extreme cheat meal!
I still haven't had any alcohol since New Years eve so at least I wasn't drinking on top.
My god when I got home I felt crap! All that sugar and carbs in one sitting nearly killed me off! I got home straight in the P.J's as my jumpsuit was starting to get tight lol and I could barely keep my eyes open whilst watching TV. Granted I hadn't had enough sleep Friday night but I just felt so sluggish! In fact I felt like Jabba the hut!
jabba the hutt
So Sunday morning I woke up all set to go for a run and I felt absolutely knackered. I felt sluggish and tired and couldn't be bothered to do anything. My eyes looked puffy and my skin looked crap. The day before it was glowing after my facial so it was a shock to look in the mirror. I felt and looked hungover!
So I googled food hangovers to see what the symptoms were............and I have self diagnosed that infact I was suffering from a food hangover :(
A food hangover is basically your body giving you feedback about what you just ate. If it didn't do this then we would constantly be eating crap!
Just like certain alcohol can give you worse hangovers, so can certain foods. Anything too salty, fatty, sugary or carby.........basically everything that I ate in one huge cheat meal!
The three worst culprits are, Salt, fat and sugar!
3 best worst friends
Salt dehydrates you which can cause your body to retain water, making you feel puffy. It can also trigger a headache.
Fat takes a long time to digest, another recipe for bloating
Sugar & carbs will make blood sugar levels spike leading to more headaches and jitteriness when levels fall again.
On top of all this, eating more than you normally would in one sitting can result in a food hangover too. To aid digestion of large amounts of food, your body diverts blood away from your brain, lungs, and heart to you GI tract, which causes fatigue and brain fog. 
So, yes we can enjoy the odd treat meal, just don't go on a crazy binge without realising that you are going to feel crap the next day.
For me the sluggish can't be arsed feeling wasn't worth eating all that food in one sitting...........

Andrea (done with hangovers) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment