Thursday 25 February 2016

A week of confessions and rubbish panties!

Hello Guys,
Another week bites the dust!
What a week it has been..........first of all thank you for the response to my 'ditch the scales and start with the selfies' e-mail/blog. I had some great feedback! Now one thing that did actually make me laugh was the amount of people that commented on my underwear (all men I would like to add!). Basically the feedback was that I needed to get some 'better' underwear. Now guys I was doing progress shots, not auditioning for Anne Summers, so I think my 'plain' underwear was appropriate for the use of pictures!
Now for those of you that read my emails/blog on a regular basis you will know that my Mum is currently undergoing treatment for Cancer. Now this is something that I have found hard to deal with and I wanted to show my mum how amazing I think she is and what an inspiration she is. She has still been going to work and doing bootcamp twice a week whilst having treatment! Anyway her favourite song is 'Flashdance' by Irene Cara (listen on link below). A line in the the song is 'take your passion and make it happen' I think this is a great motto to live life by.........whether it is for work, fitness or love!
So the other week I went and had a tattoo done with those lyrics and a butterfly.............now the person that was the inspiration for getting it done was one of the people I was dreading telling (along with my dad!) Yes at thirty (cough) something I felt like a naughty teenager! Now I had one when I was younger and it didn't go down well (mainly because I aren't supposed to have any type of piercing due to a heart condition) anyway in my widsom I had it done. So telling them about this I was basically bricking it!! I went round last Sunday and was going to tell them then bottled in. So on Tuesday I grew some balls, manned up and told them. The reaction wasn't as bad as I thought and I think the reasoning behind it softened the blow! Now one thing that made me laugh was that my Mum was concerned about if you would be able to see it in a Wedding dress! My concern is finding a guy first (well one that is worthy of marrying at least!) and no you wont be able to see it on my Wedding day (unless I get married in a bikini!!).
For those of you that have not seen Flashdance, it is basically about a young women who wants to become a professional dancer. She works as a welder by day and 'exotic' dancer by night. Her ambition is to apply to a college of dance and doesn't go through with it as she thinks she isn't good enough...........as you can probably guess as the story unfolds a love interest gets her an audition, which she initially turns down as she didn't get it on her own merit. Then after a death of a friend and seeing results of others failed dreams, she goes for the audition and smashes it! 
I think the story is so inspirational as no matter what your background, if you work hard, are determined enough and follow your dream then great things can happen.
Its the same with diet and exercise, it doesn't matter what other people do.......if you want something bad enough you will work hard to achieve it. You will turn up to training and put the effort in, you will turn down those buns in the office and you won't give up at the first hurdle. Success does not happen overnight, it take months even years of hard work and dedication. So if you feel you are not where you want to be, don't give up. Carry on and you will get there............all it takes is one audition or one last push to get where you want to be.
The girl in Flashdance practiced her routine over and over again to smash that audition.......its the same with training, one bootcamp or one day of healthy eating is not going to bring success. The consistant training and healthy eating make it a lifestyle which leads to ongoing lasting results!
Andrea (feels the need to wear leg warmers) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment