Thursday 29 September 2016

If you had one flat tyre would you slash the other three?

Hi Guys,
Almost the weekend......time flies when your having fun, or getting older lol.
Its been a couple of weeks now since my competition and I have put half a stone in weight on since I did it arghhh!! I can't believe it, I feel rounder too which I don't like :( I had a week eating what I wanted and the last week and half I have been eating healthy and I will be back on strict prep after next weekend before my next competition.
When I was training to do my competition I was doing it with the intention to win! I wanted a trophy lol. Now I know I worked my hardest and the decision was out of my hands. Afterwards I could have given up on getting a trophy or carry on make myself better and try again. One set back wasn't going to make me quit!
goal set back
I think the hardest part of any health and fitness plan/regime is when you have hit a goal. You might have completed that competition or race, you may have hit your weight loss target or you may have just started exercising on a regular basis. 
For me this is when reality kicks in, the focus goes and you lose motivation. I know in the past when I have trained for marathons or other races, the motivation and drive was there as I had an end goal. When I didn't have any races planned I didn't have the same 'need' to run. Same with my competition........after being so strict and structured for so long the week I was eating what I wanted & had a rest from training I felt lost, it was like I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat and my day felt weird without training being included! The same might happen when you hit your goal weight, after that you can never be too sure what or how much to eat.
Now for me fitness and health should be a lifestyle rather than a short term thing. Yes there will be periods of time when you have to be stricter than others, however it shouldn't be two extreme lifestyles that you lead. Be consistent and allow yourself the odd treat when you want. For me having a goal makes me more focused. The goal doesn't even have to be that big. Something as small as exercising x amount of times a month is a great place to start.
So if you want help with achieving your goals, or maintaining your current ones then click one of the links below.
Andrea (looking forward to me next prep) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment