Tuesday 7 June 2016

When things go wrong..........we want to cheat!

Hello Troops,
Still enjoying the nice weather? It is so nice doing outdoor bootcamp in the warm sun for a change, instead of the cold wet sessions we have had over the past few months.
Ever wondered why when things go wrong people want to cheat? When you hear of people cheating in relationships it is normally because they are unhappy or something has changed or gone wrong.........instead of having the balls to see the relationship out they find it easier to try someone else before they make a decision.
Today I could have cheated! 
Not in the relationship sense, in the diet sense. My newly named car 'crappy corsa' decided to break down again (after only been in the garage a couple of weeks ago!) Now this is becoming a regular occurrence which I am not happy about!! Anyway after yet another adult melt down (which also seem to be coming a regular occurrence) I borrowed my Mum's car yet again and went home. I was so pissed off I wanted to eat a bar of chocolate! Now luckily I don't keep any 'treats' in the house so I had nothing to 'cheat' with, plus I know I would have felt worse if I had have done and been really mad at myself for being weak!
I am on week three of my bikini fitness competition prep and a few people have already commented on how I look to be changing so I am glad that I didn't let my emotions get the better of me. 
If I'm honest at this moment in time fitness and the focus of this competition is the only thing keeping me from going insane! One hurdle after another just seems to keep coming my way!
Only a few weeks ago I would have used my car breaking down as an excuse to eat something 'naughty' in order to make myself feel better. However the feeling is only temporary, no amount of eating chocolate is going to make my car run smoothly or get me the money I need for a new one. In fact it would have made me feel worse. In the past two and half weeks since starting my prep I have realised that I am a MASSIVE EMOTIONAL EATER. When I was feeling fed up I used food as a comfort. The weight had started to creep on and it's only because I exercise so much that I didn't put even more weight on. I have also realised that I can have a bloody good time on a night out stone cold sober! I have had some great nights out over the last couple of weeks and the massive bonus is I wake up hangover free!!! 
Sometimes you have to go on a new journey to discover things about yourself! I wanted to share this with you because I think people often get the impression that because you work in the fitness industry that you are always healthy. Even fitness instructors get down emotionally and some of us use food as a comfort. 
If you are struggling then click one of the links below and let us help, support and guide you through your fitness journey! I cant help if you have a cheating partner, although if you come to bootcamp you will have the strength to kick them to the curb.........literally lol!
Andrea (really wants a Scirroco) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment