Tuesday 21 March 2017

When you feel like your done......carry on!

Hi Guys,
What has happened to the weather!? We are now in Spring and it is bloody freezing. Last week I was teaching PE outdoors this week I have my winter coats back out! Bring on the summer!!
Earlier in the week I told you about a race I did at the weekend.....now I cant remember the last time I did a race as my focus has been on doing weight training for my competitions. Anyway in my madness I thought I would enter a 10 mile race whilst training for a comp arghh (although it has been good for the cardio fat burning!)
We had a girly day out (which is unusual as there are normally some guys racing too) to Thirsk to do a 10 mile race.......first off I underestimated how warm it was and had too many clothes on. I went with the intention of not racing, I didn't have a time in mind I just wanted to enjoy the course like I would on a normal Sunday morning run.
The first few miles I did this then I felt ok so started to push it a bit, I was feeling good up to about 7 miles. The route then went up a road, which I have now named 'psychologically hell lane! It was a section of the race where you ran out and could see the other runners come back down the other side. This was mental torture as it must have gone on for a mile! My pace slowed right down and I felt crap........however as soon as I ran round the cone for the turning point, mentally I felt better, focused on the race again and my pace picked up!
Then I got to last mile, I was red hot, even my legs were sweating and my legs never sweat! My legs felt like lead and I had no energy, I felt like stopping! Now the point where you are absolutley knackered is the point where you keep going. I just wanted to get back as quick as I could. I completed the race in a reasonable time of 84.02 minutes. Not bad to see running has taken a back seat so I can concentrate on other elements of training.
Now there are points in our lives and fitness when we want to give up, we want to quit when things feel hard. This might be things associated with our fitness, our careers or our personal lives. I am pretty much the mindset that if something is worth having that it won't come easy......we have to train or work hard to have success.
running meme 2
My brother takes the p**ss out of me as I have a 'jog log' since I have started running I write most of the running I have done down in a book and record my race results. I looked back in the  old 'jog log' and I did the Thirsk race 8 years ago! I looked back at my time and I did it in 80 minutes, this was when I was training for a Marathon and obviously I was 8 years younger so I was pleased with my result as I was only 4 minutes slower than my PB.....BOOM!
If I had given up on that race then the result would be very different! Our bodies are quite amazing and we can achieve things we don't think are possible. The challenge is mental.......the battle we have is with our minds, the thing that makes us go training, the thing that keeps us going when things feel hard and the thing that keeps our legs going when we want to sit on the curb!
The difference between who we are and who we want to be are the things that we do!
So if you want mental as well as physical support then click one of the links below..........It will be worth it!
Andrea (not bad time for an old bird) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk
Follow us on instagram @fit4force
Connect on Linkedin - Andrea Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment