Tuesday 4 July 2017

24 hours, 25 miles and a broken body!

Hi Troops,
Hope you are all well and have had a good weekend.....this weekend I felt like a total Warrior (not a very good warrior but a warrior none the less). I took part in a 24 hour endurance event, it was in teams and you had to run a 5 mile route as a relay starting at 12pm Saturday and finishing 12pm Sunday!
God I ached Monday!! I completed 5 legs in total so did a distance of 25 miles (not far off a Marathon). It was very weird (or should I say spooky) running round Bramham park at 1am in the morning! I have done 24 hour challenges before which involved running through the night and this one in comparison was easy as we were camping and I got more sleep......however on the flip side when you have got in a deep sleep and you are woken up at 5am for your next leg it is not the best feeling in the world!
Endure 24
The hardest thing for me was getting going again after been asleep, I felt like I had hips of a 80 year old and could barely lift my feet by the end of it. The last leg was at about 11.30am and there were four of us from our group running it,for me it was the hardest by far, my hips and knees ached like hell (god I sound like my Dad) and I had a bruised toe nail and smelt like a dustbin (not at all attractive)! If I had been on my own I would probably have walked and cried! I kept saying I wanted to cry and the motto of the weekend was 'we can't waste any moisture'!
Now it is times like this when you realise how resilient the human body is and what it can actually cope with.......Endurance events are more mind over body. As soon as you give in mentally you have no chance of carrying on. I got through the last leg as I had people there to encourage me and I didn't want to let them down. 
It is the same with bootcamp.......so many people come to my sessions thinking that they can't do it or find it hard during the session, however, anything that is worth having or doing doesn't come easy! We have a great team spirit which keeps people going.
So if you want to push yourself out of your comfort zone and want to try something new then click one of the links below.....you will be amazed at what you can achieve when you think you can't!
So just click one of the links below and make a start today........
Why not sign up to our monthly recipes, take out the hassle in deciding what to eat and add some variety to your life ;) Our introductory offer is £5.00 for the first month then only £10.00 a month for up to 15 recipes! That is less than 0.70p a recipe! #bargain
Andrea (feels 80 years old) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk
Follow us on instagram @fit4force
Connect on Linkedin - Andrea Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment