Tuesday 5 February 2019

When your body seems to be having a midlife meltdown!

Where did January go? I can't believe we are in February already!

So it's 7 weeks since I turned 40 (not sure where that time has gone!). The run up to my 40th was great, the couple of weeks after was fab, however, since New Year has hit, so has every ache, pain and injury going! In fact I got my first injury over the Christmas break when I wasn't training!! It is like my body has gone into a midlife meltdown!

Over the years I have been quite lucky and only picked up the odd injury or had slight niggles, however, more recently (since my non training injury lol) I have been in pain after running, last week was the worst and struggled to walk after a training session. So I have done the sensible thing and rested, had a sports massage and been advised to go to the Doctors to make sure there is no underlying issue.

So yesterday I finally got my Doctors appointment, which I felt a bit of a fraud because nearly a week had passed and I managed to lift my leg up without being in pain. The Doctor however, was impressed with my strength, flexibility and said that I had looked after myself and was good for my age.......if he had seen me trying to get in my car last week I am certain he wouldn't be saying the same thing!



It got me thinking though how much I take my fitness for granted. I have done it for so long now that it is part of my daily routine, it has become as much as a habit of cleaning my teeth! I also am surrounded by people who have adopted the same healthy routine over the year and are 'great for their age'. I see family, friends and customers adopt the same good habits.

I want to give a massive shout out to my customers, who come week after week to bootcamp, those who push, challenge & work themselves hard at every session. Now I can encourage, motivate and sometimes shout at them to do their best, however, it is down to the individual to get the most out of their training session.

There are times when we all go through phases of not feeling our best, we go through peaks and troughs in fitness, in motivation and in results. However being consistent is key.......we wouldn't stop brushing our teeth just because we had no motivation or are a year older!

If you want to keep consistent and keep middle age at bay ;) Then click one of the links below!

Click here to make exercise as important as brushing your teeth
Click here to eat healthy and fuel your fitness
Andrea (fit....ish for 40) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment