Wednesday 10 October 2018

Red eye reduction

Hi Guys,

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned about a recent hot tub party and how I would write my next blog on it.....so after another weekend celebrating friends 40th's I thought this was the ideal time.

Now obviously what happens in a hot tub stays in a hot tub, however I do want to talk about the after effects of me thinking that I am still 21 on a night out!

I went to my friends hot tub party with all good intentions of having a couple of drinks then coming home as I was at a Wedding the day after.......best laid plans! Lets just say it didn't take me till 1.30am to have 'only' two drinks. I had a great day at the wedding the day after but the Sunday I felt like I had been run over by a bus!

Fast forward a couple of weekends and I was feeling the same this Sunday after a great night out for my friends birthdays. I am human and I love it at the time, the day after and the day after that, and sometimes the day after that is a different story.

I woke up Monday morning and my eyes were all red and swollen......I looked awful, now at nearly 40 years old I cant get away with puffy eyes like I could in my twenties! So instead of hitting the gym like I normally would I had to stay in bed with cucumbers on my eyes so I looked presentable for work. I actually googled causes of red puffy eyes, (because like most people I like to self diagnose lol) it is actually a reaction to alcohol!

I don't know how people do it week after week, it takes me longer to get over a night out than it does to get over minor surgery. One reason is probably because I don't drink that often so my tolerance levels are really low (and I think I am 21 when I am out).


This got me thinking that the less you practice something the harder it is. Before you get excited this blog isn't about practicing drinking skills.......it is however about exercise, the more we practice the easier it gets.

How often have you started something new and felt like you cant walk for over a week? I have clients who come to their first session, or clients who try some new training and they ache for days afterwards. I am exactly the same when I start a new training plan. It is so easy to then delay the time between sessions, however the longer you leave between training sessions I think it makes the recovery process harder.

For example if you do a training session on a Monday and ache like hell, we often tell ourselves that we can't train for the rest of the week. Monday comes around again and we do something different and have the same response, this can often lead to people quitting or only training once a week. However if we trained three/four times a week, our recovery time would get easier. Now I am not saying you are never going to ache again, however, as we get fitter the aches get less.

Consistency is key, if we practice something often it becomes part of our routine and we form habits.....like brushing our teeth!

So if you want to form healthy habits and save money on a night out because you can't drink a lot ;) then click one of the links below.
Click here to get consistently fitter
Click here for a 'toxin' free diet
Andrea (hangovers from hell) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment