Thursday 26 April 2018

#AlltheGearnoIdea

All the Gear no Idea

Hello Troops,

Hope you are having a good week?

My blog earlier in the week spoke about the London Marathon which took place at the weekend and how you need commitment and dedication to train and complete.

Now on Sunday I was taking part in some different training, still running, however, it was short distance rather than long distance. In fact it was sprinting! I went down to the track and did some 60 metre interval sprints. Now I have done lots of interval training over the years, in all aspects of training, however when it comes to running I have done longer intervals.

On Saturday I even bought myself some track spikes, which I have said I would do for a while now. So Sunday morning I rocked up to the track and was quite excited to try the new treads out (plus they have purple on them so look good too).

So we set off doing our intervals, now if you have never worn spikes before (like me) they do feel a bit weird to start as they force you onto your toes (correct sprinting technique). Towards the end of the session my friend asked me what that was on the track.....as she picked up a spike. So when we looked around realised that there were a few spikes on the track....you might guess what came next? Most of the spikes had come out of my shoes! Talk about all the gear and no idea!



In my defence when I bought them from the shop, and even on the box it said not to over tighten. However I obviously hadn't tightened them enough! Luckily we had only used one section of the track so we managed to find them all (great cool down lol). My friend who used to do a lot of sprinting then put them in secure for me!

Lucky for me I have a friend who knew what she was doing! How often do you find though that you want to try something new but don't always have the correct knowledge or tools to do so? This happens a lot when it comes to health and fitness. Many people want to make positive changes in their lives and are not sure how to do it. How many people walk into a gym and head straight to the treadmill or cross trainer because they are not sure how to use the rest of the equipment or not sure what they should be doing?

That's why at boot camp all we ask is that you have training clothes, trainers and a drink and then you can leave the rest to us. Turn up and train......no worrying about what you should be doing in sessions, what exercises you should be doing or if you are doing them correctly. So if you want to take the thinking out of training or nutrition then click one of the links below!
Click here to get off the starting blocks of fitness
Click here to sprint your way to some great nutrition
Andrea (sprints made my abs ache!) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

P.S Look out for our revamped packages coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment