Sunday 7 May 2017

Another year, another boat race!

Hello Super Troopers,
Hope you have all had a good weekend? Sorry I was quiet last week on the old blogging front......life just seems to be manic at the minute and I needed to catch up on some much needed sleep!
Anyway I have had yet another hectic weekend, on Saturday I took part in the Saltaire annual Dragon Boat Race and on Sunday I was at a Christening.
I took part in the Dragon Boat race last year with West Yorkshire Fire Service, which we won! We went back this year to defend our title. This year was bloody freezing compared to last year and the water rescue crew gave me their warm land all in one suit to borrow as I looked so cold. Nice to be looked after by a Fireman ;)
This year we came third place :( It was such a close race as there was milliseconds between the top three. Now to say we haven't practiced as a team and there were only four of us that did it last year, we did pretty damn good to come third out of 42 teams!
We were disappointed not winning (as most of us are competitive) however getting to the final and having a laugh and a great day out is the main thing. These types of events are great for team spirit, getting to know new people and having a laugh!
On Friday night I was shattered, I looked round my flat and could have cried as there was mess everywhere and I could have done with a day in catching up on chores. Then I thought who actually gives a shit if my flat is tidy. I would rather create memories and live with a bit of mess! 
Now the one thing I love about bootcamp is the group camaraderie, the laughs we have and how everyone is in the same 'boat'. The reasons people get in the boat might be different but the end goal is to get results.
So if you want to come aboard and become the captain of your own boat then click one of the links below :)
Boat race 2017
Why not sign up to our monthly recipes, take out the hassle in deciding what to eat and add some variety to your life ;) Our introductory offer is £5.00 for the first month then only £10.00 a month for up to 15 recipes! That is less than 0.70p a recipe! #bargain
Andrea (love team spirit) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.ukwww.fit4force.co.uk
Follow us on instagram @fit4force
Connect on Linkedin - Andrea Springthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment