Thursday 19 September 2019

VO2 max of an excellent 20 year old.....wahoo!

I was out for my usual Sunday run with my friend and we were discussing her new Garmin. She was telling me how it told her her VO2 max (measurement of maximum amount of oxygen a person can utilize during exercise). It then got me questioning my own Garmin as I thought that it didn't' give me that information.

So when I got home I connected it to the Garmin app (something I only do once in a while) and low and behold there it was. Not only did it tell me my VO2 max it also said that it was at a level of an excellent 20 year old!! Wahoo not bad going for a 40 year old! When I saw my brother I was telling him (as he recently got the same watch) well within 10 seconds he showed me how to access it on my watch!

I got my watch as a birthday present so it has only taken me 9 months to discover how to use some of the features!! I can only imagine what else I am missing out on. Now I could use the excuse of being a technophobe, however, in all honesty I have no patience to a) sit and read the instructions or b) to have a play around and see what it can do. Watches, phones, computers etc I just want to be able to switch on and for them to work!

Now when I saw that my VO2 max compared to that of a 20 year old (an excellent one at that) this sparked my interest to look at what else it measures. Likewise should it have come up with a less than positive reading then it would have made me want to do something about it (as I am very competitive with myself).



Just like I neglected my watch, many people neglect their bodies and don't utilize them to their full potential. Like my watch they sit for months, often years, not using all of the features. Features which are designed to be used on a regular basis, features which get better the more they move and features that give positive results to health & well-being. Now one thing we don't need for our bodies is an instruction manual, we don't need to read how to walk, how to eat or drink or perform everyday tasks, these are something we learned at an early age and come naturally.

Exercise is one thing that should come naturally, however, over the decades we have become more sedentary and less confident in our own ability to move on a regular basis. Now I don't have a 50 page manual you have to download just to know how to move, however, I can take the stress out of knowing what to do!

So if you want to use all your features click one of the links below.

Click here to unlock all your features

Click here to fuel something that will last you a lifetime!
Andrea (really need to increase my patience) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk


 

No comments:

Post a Comment