Thursday 26 September 2019

Interact and be energised!

So here I am sat in my second office (aka Costa) to do my blog. As I was driving here I thought I would write about National Fitness Day which was yesterday (25th September), however, when I arrived I was more shocked than usual about what I saw. Now I often look in disbelief at couples, families, friends, who go out and interact with their phones more than they do each other! Unfortunately it seems to be the norm and acceptable........I actually think it is bloody rude, if you are out with someone and they are glued to their phones!!

Now don't get me wrong I think it is great how technology has evolved and how it can make lots of services more accessible to people, including fitness. However, when it takes over good old fashioned conversation and interacting with people, then I think people have a problem. We have an Obesity epidemic which is on the increase, the last thing we need is a nation of people who no longer know how to hold a conversation too!

When I am not at work, I can check emails, go on Social media at any point of the day where I am on my own, why would anyone want to go on their phones when in the company of an actual person? Now don't get me wrong I use technology on a daily basis and it is a key part of my business(es), however, just like I have a healthy balance when it comes to health and fitness I think that the same can be said when it comes to technology. A few weeks ago I disabled facebook on my phone and have to say it is one of the best things I have done. I only put it on once a week and it is amazing how much time I used to waste scrolling on there looking at pointless stuff! I have an app for booking people into bootcamp and I actually feel bad that my phone is out at the beginning of the session to book people in! I have seen in the past instructors or PT's on their phones during in a session.....if you have experienced that then you need to change your instructor!



For me interacting with people creates energy, if you have energy then you are more likely to be active. So if you want some time out from the technological world and train with an instructor who is focused on what is happening in the session and not the outside world then click one of the links below.

Click here to switch off from technology and be active

Click here to fuel your fitness and detox 
Andrea (likes to speak to people) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment