Wednesday 28 August 2019

When did being overweight become the norm!?

Hope you have all had a good bank holiday and enjoyed the gorgeous weather!

Mine was pretty chilled catching up with friends and relaxing. On Monday I visited Ilkley Lido (outdoor swimming pool). I have never been before and the lovely weather meant it was very busy.

I went with my friend and her niece, we pitched up with our towels and bikinis and relaxed on the grassed area and went in the pool a couple of times...... it was bloody freezing - it was a jump in kinda of cold,  the unbearable feeling of the cold water hitting your waist was too much to handle lol.

My friend and I were very surprised that we were actually in the minority - I am not talking men v women, or people over a certain age, or people of a certain culture, we were in a very tiny handful of people who were thin, shockingly this included children too!

Now I know as a nation obesity is on the increase and the stats are pretty scary, however, when I saw it in person it was pretty shocking! We were a minority in what was a very busy, highly populated place.



For me being physically active & eating healthy is something I have done growing up so it is the norm to me. The health benefits and looking half decent when I get in my bikini is a by product of all the hard work and consistency which I put in.

I could write down a list of benefits of being physically active and eating healthy, however, I think the experience is so much better than reading about it! So if you do one activity today, make it click of the button on one of the links below!

Click here to start making the minority the majority

Click here to make a majority of difference to your diet
Andrea (glad to be in the minority) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk


 

No comments:

Post a Comment