Wednesday 14 August 2019

Sun, Sea & Squats

Hola!

This time last week I was laid on a sun lounger reading my book in 30+ degree heat.......roll on a week, I am sat at home debating whether or not to put the light on as it is grey, miserable and raining boooo!

Amazing how much different your life can be from one week to the next! I know which option I would prefer right now - even if I was a little sweaty!

Last week I was on my annual trip to Spain with my fab friend Sarah. We have been out to her apartment for the last five years and I have to say it is always such a laugh and often eventful! We both say how we are the perfect holiday buddies - we sunbathe, sleep, read and not say much during the day (unless it is time for a calippo or to mention when we have noticed a nice looking guy lol), then on an evening we like to go out for a meal and few drinks, our 'one more drink' often turn into quite a few more but hey that's what going on holiday is about!

For the first couple of years I used to take my trainers and go for a run whilst Sarah hit the golf course, I soon came to realise that it was far too hot to run over there and also I train so much the rest of the time, I now use my holidays as a time to have a complete rest and let my body recover.

However, I did find the energy for a random press-up and squat challenge - which after a couple of sambuca shots is not the easiest ;)



I am probably one of the worst culprits of keeping going even when my body is showing signs that it needs a rest. If you start to get niggles, feel tired or run down more often than usual then its is normally an indicator that you need a break. There is no harm in taking a week off exercise, regardless if you are going away on holiday or staying at home. You normally come back more energised and stronger.

Before I went away I started feeling really tired, everything ached, old niggles I had when I ran started flaring up and I just felt mentally exhausted. It is amazing what a week in the sun, switching off and catching up on sleep does for you. I know I promote exercise, however, if you are someone who exercises on a regular basis then you need to pencil in some rest time too. Ideally you should have one full rest day a week and every so often have a full week off. You don't see professional athletes hammering their bodies 52 weeks of the year, so those who do it for fitness and work full time shouldn't either.

So if you have any of the signs which I mentioned above, take a break!

If you want to start something new, then click on one of the links below.

Click here to be able to challenge someone to squats ;)
Click here to eat for energy
Andrea (love a random squat challenge) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment