Tuesday 30 April 2019

#GetInspired

Sunday was the 2019 London Marathon..... I can't believe the winner completed it in in an amazing 2 hours 2 minutes and 38 seconds!!! Most people can't complete a half marathon in that time!

In my previous life as a long distance runner, out of the 6 marathons I have completed I did London four times! The first time being the most enjoyable as I was so pleased to get round without stopping and the last time I did it was with my Dad (well we did it on the same day lol) as he did it for his 60th Birthday.



That was 8 years ago and at the time I said I would do another for my 40th.......well a lot can happen in 8 years and the desire I once had (and the time to train) to do a Marathon subsided and needless to say I am now in my 40th year and have no intention of doing another lol!

It is funny how something I once loved so much, is now something which I can't imagine doing again. Don't get me wrong I still run and enjoy it, however, the type of running I do is so much different to long distance. Plus I found other activities which I started to enjoy and get more benefit out of.

You often hear of people who have been really active in the past who have just then stopped, due to lack of time, they no longer enjoy it or they no longer see the benefits. If this has happened to you then I would say try something different rather than give up all together. If its down to lack of time, find an activity which is quick, high intensity and gets results (like bootcamp lol).

Or if like me you used to run long distance and no longer have the time or energy, then mix your running up with speed sessions which can be more effective and take half the time.

So if you feel like quitting, look for something new to #getinspired as exercise should always be part of your life!

Click here to be #getinspired
Click here to fuel your fitness
Andrea (proud that I have completed Marathons & glad they are over) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment