Tuesday 16 April 2019

Shout out to my Dad!

Sunday was my Dad's birthday so I thought I would dedicate this weeks blog to him. I often give shout out to my Mum and I think my Dad sometimes gets forgotten about.

My Dad is the one who inspired me to take up running & go to the gym........ well as I got older at least as when I was younger I used to think he was nuts for doing Marathons! I can remember one day he came home after a training run and just laid on the living room floor as he was exhausted and could hardly move! I can remember thinking why the hell would anyone want to do that to themselves! Fast forward a few years and I have often felt the same.

Over the years we have run together, gone to the gym together and I used to get so frustrated when I couldn't catch him when out running.....then one day it happened, I got faster, he got bit older and I started passing him! I have to point out that I managed to beat his half marathon PB (not that we are competitive), I can imagine what he is saying, so I will say it for him , I still never beat his Marathon PB! And never will as my desire for long distance running is long gone!



So thank you to my Dad for being a constant support and an inspiration to start exercising. And to this day (at the age of 68) with dodgy knees he still keeps coming to bootcamp, goes to the gym and cycles!

So if you want to inspire someone or just want to become the best you can then click one of the links below.

Click here to be a constant inspiration
Click here to eat yourself young
Andrea (proud to have a superhero Dad) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment