Tuesday 15 January 2019

Back at it in 2019

Hi Guys,

Not sure if it is too late to wish you all a Happy New Year!? However I will wish it to you all anyway as this is my first blog of 2019!

Now last week should have been my first blog of 2019 as that is when I was back at work. However, probably like most of you my body was in shock at being back at work and back in a routine! As much as it was a bit of a shock I was glad to get back into a routine, get back to training and to eating healthy meals again.

Week two and it feels like Christmas has never happened! No more not knowing what day it as and eating chocolate orange instead of a meal!

Now I tend to have two complete rest periods a year, one over the summer and the other over Christmas. I dipped in and out of exercise over Christmas with the odd run and interval circuit at the gym, but in the main I used this time to give my body a rest. Now to my complete surprise I became injured over the Christmas period (not sure how the hell this happened!). The only other thing I did other than that mentioned above was dance around in high heels. Not sure this was the reason though as it wasn't like I did break dancing.

Now my pain was in my glute and top of my hamstring and the pain was worse when I wasn't doing anything......now the thing I did the most of over Christmas was nothing and sleep. I sat down more than usual and laid in bed longer than usual. This is the only thing I could think of, it was like my body was telling me to move!

As I have got back into my training my pain has subsided! I admit that I feel like the rest of my body has been in a tumble dryer after having two weeks off, but there is some sort of pleasure in aching so much!?

It is so hard to build fitness up and so easy to loose it.



Now if you have had some time out of fitness, whether that is just over the Christmas period or for longer, it is not too late to start a new regime. Yes it will make you ache and it will feel hard at first, however, the positive benefits out weigh the short term aches.

Our bodies are designed to move, so why not click one of the links below to get your 2019 off to a great start.

Click here to get your body moving
Click here to avoid a chocolate orange breakfast
Andrea (glad to be back to a routine) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment