Tuesday 13 November 2018

When Numbers Lie!

We live in a world full of numbers...........
  • How many likes we get on facebook/followers on instgram
  • How much money we earn
  • How many designer clothes we have in our wardrobes
  • How many gadgets we have
  • How big our sky package is
  • How fast our cars go
  • How much GB of data our latest phone holds 
Unfortunately the society we live in seems to define a person by superficial numbers. What about the numbers that define happiness, health and well-being?



Today I want to talk about a set of numbers which we associate with health and fitness.

A couple of weeks ago I did the Leeds Abbey Dash and that day was a day where I became both obsessed and relaxed about numbers. The year before I had a shocker of a run and did a time which I wasn't pleased with, so my aim was to beat last year. I would love to have got another PB, however, I think my sub 45 minute 10k's are well and truly over.

I was obsessed with my time and beating last year.......a couple of things differed from last year which made me relax and enjoy (as much as I could lol) the race.
  1. I had a relaxing weekend pre race (which last year I had a girly night away which helped towards my 2017 shocker!)
  2. I didn't have my GPS. Some people may say that this more of a hindrance than help, which I would normally tend to agree. I am getting a new one for my birthday and was disappointed when I couldn't have it early for the race. However what I did do (which I had to do pre GPS) was listen to my body........run fast when I felt good and slow down when I felt like death ;0
I am not slating a GPS as I loved mine and can't wait to get my new one. However, what I do in races is constantly check my pace, try work out what time I will be finished and stress over all the numbers! By not having one I relaxed and let my body run its course....literally!

The other numbers which probably 99% of the population seem to get obsessed with is the number on the scales. I am guilty of this too! For years I defined how good I looked by how much I weighed (crazy I know). Now it is easy to lose weight, we can starve ourselves, lose water, lose muscle mass and if we are lucky some fat. However if we lose fat, lose inches, fit into our favourite pair of jeans and like how we look, does it really matter how much we weigh?

If we train and build muscle we might weigh more, however that doesn't mean that we aren't losing fat and inches.

If you want to quit your obsession with the scales and concentrate on burning fat and losing inches then click one of the links below.

Don't let the numbers on the scales define you!
Click here burn fat and lose inches
Click here to eat healthy calories
Andrea (quitting my obsession with numbers) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment