Tuesday 7 November 2017

Heart rate of an athlete!

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well? I have had another busy week/weekend....I am not sure where this year has gone.

On Friday I went to stay at my friends for a girly night (got messy!) and on Sunday I did the Leeds Abbey Dash.....the less said about that the better! My calf cramped up at about 4 miles and I had to hobble the rest of the way! Not my best time and I was disappointed.

Last week I had my 4 yearly check up on my heart..... for those of you who don't know, I was born with a hole in the heart and I had open heart surgery when I was 9 years old. I was in hospital for a week and I had to have 6 weeks off school. I still have two leaky valves and I have to go for check ups every 4 years.

One thing that resonates with me when I go is how big a thing it was that I went through. I have grown up with a scar and having check ups so I don't actually see it as a big deal.....until I speak to the Nurses and Consultants. First off they are often shocked on how low my heart rate is (heart rate of an athlete!).......until they find out what physical activity I do. Then they are shocked about all the activity I do. I often come away thinking that it is obviously not the norm for other people who have had a similar condition.

I think Mr & Mrs S have helped me be so robust over the years as they never mollycoddle me, in fact my Mum's motto was that you go to school unless you are being sick! I actually believe that it has helped me have a good work ethic and to actually just get one with things!



The Consultant (who by the way was an absolute god and had both me and my Mum drooling!) was asking me all sorts of questions if it affects my day to day life. Now I am one of the lucky ones as I know some people with Congenital Heart disease have worse symptoms and it does effect what they can and can't do.....especially physical activity.

All I want to do today is help motivate you all.........and give someone out there who might have a medical condition that you can still achieve your goals. I believe that being able to get up on a morning and have the choice to exercise is a gift. A lot of people have the ability to exercise taken away from them. I know how frustrated I have been last couple of days not being able to walk properly!! So make the most of what you have and click one of the links below.

Why not sign up to our monthly recipes, take out the hassle in deciding what to eat and add some variety to your life ;) Our introductory offer is £5.00 for the first month then only £10.00 a month for up to 15 recipes! That is less than 0.70p a recipe! #bargain

Click here to be one step nearer to having the heart rate of an athlete ;)

Click here to eat your heart healthy

Click here for delicious monthly recipes

Andrea (think I need to find myself a Doctor to date) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment