Tuesday 13 March 2018

When you fall out of love in the City of Romance!

Hi Guys,

Hope you are having a good week? In my last blog I mentioned that I had recently been to Paris, so I thought I would give you an update on my first trip abroad of 2018 (well the parts I am willing to share lol).

So last year 8 of us decided to have a 'girly' trip away and to incorporate a half marathon into a trip.....(it was a good idea at the time!).

First of all we were just glad to get to London on the train because of all the cancellations due to the snow.......so glad in fact that we cracked open a bottle of Prosecco at 8am! It was a fab journey there and the 'party animals' amongst us carried on the celebrations till 4am once we had arrived in Paris!

The Saturday was spent collecting numbers and doing some sightseeing (as well as trying to hydrate after the previous nights antics). It is the first time I have visited Paris and not sure what it was but it did seem to have such a romantic feel to it! For me the Romance died the day after when we did the half marathon! I was enjoying it up to mile 8!

Now I went knowing that I hadn't trained properly for it, this was a conscious decision as I want to compete again this year........ long distance running is not the best training to do whilst trying to build/maintain muscle mass. Anyway this aside I didn't have the best pre-race prep, late night dancing and walking 8 miles the previous couple of days aren't the most appropriate.



For a while now I have not enjoyed long distance running as much as I used to, I prefer the high intensity training, the intervals, the hills and most of all the time saving training. For me, I fell out of love in the city of Romance! Now I have been through phases before and I am not saying I will never do another half marathon (although I did last week lol) however I want to train smart, maximum intensity in the least time possible! I think as I have got older and busier, I don't have the time to be spending hours and hours plodding the pavements.

This principle not only applies to running, most people lead busy lives and want training sessions which have the most impact in the least time possible, whilst delivering results!

This is why at bootcamp we do high intensity interval training.....so you can work at your own level in a set period of time, whilst having very little rest periods. This allows you to get the most out of your training and helps torch fat!

So if you want to fall in love with exercise or just want something which is quick, caters for all fitness levels and burns fat then click one of the links below!
 
Click here to make the most of your training time
Click here to fall in love with healthy eating
Andrea (fallen in love with speed instead of endurance) Springthorpe

07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

P.S Look out for our revamped packages coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment