Thursday 18 July 2019

Marathon Training V Relationships

In my last blog (which I have realised was a couple of weeks ago!) I spoke about how I changed my original blog style of 'hints and tips' to real life issues so people can get to know the person behind Fit 4 Force.

Now I remember my first 'authentic' blog I related fitness to some of my previous relationships.... I remember the backlash I got from one disgruntled ex when I was away on holiday :)

So today I want to share my relationships through the eyes of a runner - I thought I would use this activity as this is what started my love of fitness.

The start of any journey or training is very exciting, you run a couple of 5k's and you think you have enough experience to run a Marathon. So you set off on a training plan, excited as it is something new and you find out that you love what you are doing and have the endurance to keep going - you are near the finish line and then your training partner decides to drop out! You carry on to the end, deflated, upset and heart broken as the dream of crossing the finish line together never happened.

After realising it was probably too soon to go from a 5k to a Marathon you ditch any thoughts of long distance and do some speed training instead. You carry on with this for a while with the odd 5k and even 10k thrown in there before you realise that you want to have another shot at long distance.

The new improved marathon training comes out and this time you have more 10k's and half marathons under your belt so you know what to expect, you know that the best results are obtained when you have a mix of endurance running, tempo training and plenty of speed sessions! The training for the second Marathon felt easier, more fun and the pain of crossing the finish line wasn't as bad as the first.

Post Marathon blues kick in, so you go on holiday to recover, come back fresh and ready to do some more speed sessions! 5ks & 10ks come and go and then you decide that a half marathon might be the next option, before jumping straight into a full marathon. You finally feel ready to embark on another Marathon and then realise that your training partner is training with several other people at the same time! If this doesn't fit with your plan then this is the time to go back to solo training.

You may come across other training partners who seem the perfect fit, then you find out that they are flaky when it comes to training, missing sessions or ones that have been badly injured by previous Marathons that they are scared to take a risk to try again.

Life, training and relationships are not a one size fits all. However, I believe the most successful training is achieved with a mix of endurance, speed and strength. So whatever training you decide to do never neglect the intervals!!



If you want help mixing all the elements of training in your regime then click one of the links below......

Click here to mix your training up
Click here to avoid post Marathon bingeing
Andrea (is yet to find the perfect Marathon training partner for me) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk


 

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. marathon training plan,

    ReplyDelete