Monday 11 June 2018

In the words of Phil Collins......

My names Andrea and I have been watching Love Island!......

There you have it, confession over......I am known to watch reality TV, with Love Island being the most recent. Now I watched it last year and vowed not to get hooked this year! I won't say I am hooked, however, I know enough to be writing about it.

The one thing that has shocked me this year, is how much the contestants talk about who they like, what their 'game plan' is and how much pressure they put on each other to make a decision after only a week in there! As Phil Collins Mama said 'You can't hurry love!'



Love or any kind of relationship is something which is built over time......... getting to know someone properly, doesn't happen over night, it takes months, years and sometimes then you don't fully know someone. Now the circumstances which they are in are not natural, if you met someone you wouldn't spend 24/7 with them to start....so the intensity of things are often increased.....however, these types of situations rarely last!

The same goes for health and fitness, results don't happen over night, they happen over time.......one chocolate bar doesn't make you fat, nor does one salad make you thin! It is what you do the most of that impacts your results......if you consistently eat 'bad' you will put on weight, if you consistently eat 'good' then you will get closer to your results. Now you can follow the extreme fad diets, live off shakes and 600 calories,  lose weight (mainly water and muscle when you are starving yourself) but these are not sustainable. Then when you go back to eating again the original weight and often more is gained!

Over the last 8 weeks I have been reigning in the bad 'comfort' eating habits I had got into over the rubbish winter we have had. Consistency has paid off....I have lost 11lb and 13.25" Now I have done that over a period of time, not starved myself, trained consistently and had the odd treat! For me this was 'getting myself back' and to stop reaching for food when I was stressed or tired.

You can't hurry health & fitness, or love for that matter......however, you can build a solid foundation to start building on what you want in the future.....(mine is abs for my 40th!)

So if you want help to achieve your goals, in a healthy sustainable way then click one of the links below.......

Click here for consistent fitness
Click here for a sustainable eating plan
Andrea (is now beach ready) Springthorpe
07949 959 547
info@fit4force.co.uk
www.fit4force.co.uk

P.S Look out for our revamped packages coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment